The service fee is payable on a positive 42 days’ pregnancy test unless stated otherwise.
- This contract shall not be assigned or transferred, and in the event said mare is sold or consigned for sale, the service fee, if unpaid, shall immediately become due and payable.
- Live foal guarantees (LFG) conditions: If the mare fails to produce a live foal that can stand and suckle the owner shall be entitled to a Free Service to the same stallion. A certificate by a qualified Veterinary Surgeon, which identifies the mare and certifies the mare and certifies her failure to produce a live foal, must accompany all claims. Claims must be notified to Egmont Park Stud within 14 days of her due foaling date or the birth of the foal.
- The live foal guarantee will not apply if:
(a.) The service fee is not paid in full within 30 days of the invoice date.
(b.) If, in the opinion of the qualified veterinarian, the mare’s owner is negligent in the management or provision of such management for the mare during her term of pregnancy and/or at the time of foaling, which could contribute to the death of the foal.
- If the stallion shall in any way become unfit for service before servicing the mare, or if the mare should die or otherwise become unfit to be serviced supported by veterinarian certificate, this contract is and shall be null and void. The mare owner shall immediately notify the farm in writing if the mare dies or becomes unfit to be bred.
- Neither Egmont Park Stud nor the owners of the stallion make any representation regarding the stallion’s fertility, including but not limited to its ability to breed or its ability to cause a mare to become impregnated.
- Egmont Park Stud terms of payment are 30 days of being invoiced and part payment of invoice will be attributed firstly, to any outstanding stud fees; secondly, to any veterinarian and handling fees; and finally, to agistment.